The European Commission indicates the treaty will lead to savings of just over half a billion euros in taxes for EU exporters every year, mutual recognition in regulated professions such as architects, accountants and engineers, and easier transfers of company staff and other professionals between the EU and Canada.
CETA has the potential to improve immigration ties between Europe and Canada trough the increased movements of good, services and people. There are a number of different visas available to Europeans seeking to immigrate to Canada. A member of the immigrate4canada team can advise you on the entry pathway for you and your family.
Points Based Immigration to Canada
In 2003, Canada lowered entry points system from 75 points to 67.
Generally, Brits score well because the UK and Canada are so well aligned in terms of work, educations,
The criteria that the new system is structured around is a s follows:
- Education – The level of your education will determine how many points you get in this area with a maximum of 25 available
- English and French Language Ability – If you have high proficiency in English and French, this means you can obtain up to a maximum of 24 points
- Work Experience – The number of years you’ve spent in a particular job and at what level can influence your points here. You can obtain a maximum of 21 points
- Age – Your age will have an effect on your application when applying for a Canadian Visa. You can obtain a maximum of ten points here if you’re in the 21-49 years old age group
- Arranged Employment – If you have a job waiting for you in Canada this can help your points. You can obtain up to ten points here
- Adaptability – This covers a number of areas from what your spousal level of education is, whether they’ve studied or lived in Canada or whether they have family in Canada. Ten points in total are available here.
For more information on why you consider Canada visit our link at why-canada or speak to a member of the Immigrate4Canada team.
You are invited to take the FREE online assessment at free-immigration-assessment, following which we will be in touch to advise you of the outcome.