Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)
The Province of Alberta is blessed with an abundance of natural resources, including land, energy and forest resources, which have formed the foundation of its thriving economy.
The Alberta business climate has a reputation for being very progressive. It is supported by a competitive tax system designed to encourage investment and empower Alberta businesses to compete Internationally. Many Alberta employers are actively seeking skilled and professional workers.
Alberta operates a program called the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP).
Immigrants with the relevant expertise and qualification considering moving to Alberta can apply through this program, and may receive a Alberta Provincial Nomination Certificate, expediting the immigration process.
The AINP is Alberta’s Provincial Nominee Program whereby prospective immigrants with the skills and experience may apply. Successful applicants may receive an Alberta Provincial Nomination Certificate, which can speed up the overall immigration process.
Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) has three sub-divisions or streams, namely:
- Strategic Recruitment
- Self-employed farmer stream (Under this stream, applicants are capable of applying to the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) without an employer)
Strategic Recruitment Stream
Compulsory and Optional Trades Category:
- Business people /entrepreneurs who have an Alberta Qualification Certificate or Recognized Trade Certificate might be qualified under this category. People must live in Alberta on a valid work permit when the application is made and be employed in a compulsory or optional trade
Engineering Occupations Category:
- Specifically tailored towards engineers, designers and drafters, this category requires these professionals to have worked in Alberta, and specifically in this industry,
Post Graduate Worker Category:
- The Post Graduate Worker Category is for recent graduates of Canadian universities on a Post-Graduate Work Permit, employed in their field of study. Such individuals are also eligible for this program.
- The Employer-Driven Stream empowers employers to select workers for AINP’s Canadian immigration. People applying have the assurance that employment opportunities are great once they become permanent residents, and employers benefit from this, as they can retain their best employees. The Employer-Driven Stream is sub-divided into three:
- If you need more information on eligibility requirements for the AINP Strategic Recruitment stream, please contact a member of the Immigrate4Canada team.
Skilled Worker Category:
- This category is ideal for full-time professionals and skilled employees who are not required to be in employment in Alberta when submitting the application.
International Graduate Category:
- This category is for recent graduates from Canadian universities, who have obtained a Post Graduate Work Permit and in full-time employment with an Alberta employer.
Semi-Skilled Worker Category:
- This category is for temporary and semi-skilled foreign workers with an offer of employment from an Alberta based employer.
For more information on the eligibility requirements for each category and the AINP programs, please contact a member of the Immigrate4Canada team.